Friday, December 9, 2011

Nurse Mommy

I am exhausted. EXHAUSTED.

You see, I was basically up all night last night. Barry was injured pretty badly at his softball game. I will spare you the gory details, but he ended up in the CMC ER. He had to have minor emergency surgery. Luckily my dad was in town and able to swoop in and be with him while I stayed here with Branner.

Branner woke up screaming at 2:30, when I had yet to go to sleep because Barry had just come out of the surgery for which I was waiting on the results. B was inconsolable. Distraught. This has never happened before. I let him lay down with me in the bed while we both tried to get some sleep. That has never happened before, either. We slept for a couple of hours before Barry called me to let me know he was finally awake and everything was OK (or as OK as they could be). He finally got home around 1:00 this afternoon. I am so glad.

This accident could have hindered our plan for another baby, but it didn't. That's a pretty hard pill to swallow in the middle of the night. I spent a few hours not knowing what to expect. It was so upsetting and very scary. I hate not being in control. All I know is I am thankful and so grateful that my husband is OK (in a lot of pain, but OK) and that we are still able to hope to have a second child. And we will never, ever take that for granted again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!