Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ryan Seacrest and Perspective



{via}

It's a busy time of year for everyone. We are all rushing around, caught up in the hustle and bustle of jobs, kids, preschool/daycare, buying gifts, wrapping, decorating, addressing holiday cards, attending holiday parties, making and double-checking lists, etc., etc. I know I'm not the only one who feels like I'm being pulled in a thousand different directions right now.

As I've been driving around, trying to accomplish tasks and mark things off my ever-growing to-do list, of course I've had my radio on. A lot of times that radio ends up being tuned to XM station 11. The channel that is home to Ryan Seacrest's morning show. During the month of December (like many other local and national radio shows), Ryan takes nominations for people who need some assistance this holiday season. Not necessarily just for Christmas, but maybe a little extra help with bills, etc., in general. I have heard him pay heating bills, connect cable, offer mall gift certificates so these people can provide a Christmas for their children. When I have been listening, the recipients of these gifts have all been people with jobs. In fact, all of the ones I have heard were called at work. So, these are not lazy people. Just people that have fallen on hard times.

I have teared up and cried several times upon hearing these stories. It really helps me keep things in perspective and always makes me realize how incredibly blessed I am. My life may not be perfect; no one's is. But, having a roof over your head, a warm house, food in the pantry, a healthy family, and even having shoes that fit are things to be thankful for. God bless these people and Ryan Seacrest for helping them. And, thank you, Ryan, for helping me remember this at a time of year that can be so busy it's easy to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!