Monday, February 13, 2012

Country Club Chicken

Barry and I are celebrating Valentine's Wednesday night instead of tomorrow. We'll have a family celebration Tuesday, for which I will make this delightful meal, and take it out on the town for a fancy dinner on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to both!


Source: kayotic.nl via Ashley on Pinterest


Country Club Chicken

1 lb spaghetti (I'm trying something new! Quinoa spaghetti...I'll let y'all know how it turns out!)
4 chicken breasts
1 lg onion
7 oz mushrooms
2 cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup (Using the lower fat version)
4-5 slices of bacon (I'm using turkey bacon)
1/4 c dry white wine
2/3 c shredded sharp cheddar
1 apple
butter or oil
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350.

Chop the onion. Clean and chop the mushrooms. Peel and chop the apple.

Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.

Cook the bacon, but don't clean out the pan. Drain bacon on paper. Add some butter to the pan and brown the chicken on both sides. Transfer to casserole dish.

Cook the onions for 3-5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Add apple and cook for 3-5 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and crumble bacon into pan. Add white wine, cans of soup and cheddar cheese. Pour over the chicken.

Bake for 23-30 minutes.

Prepare spaghetti noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!