Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth of July








For the fourth of July weekend, we had big, important plans. We attended the wedding reception for Barry's brother, Chris, and his partner, Shawn, in Winchester, VA. We packed all of our stuff and Barry's other brother, Jason's, up and hit the road Friday morning. After driving all day, we arrived at Chris and Shawn's mountain house late that afternoon ready for a weekend full of fun and family. We had a blast!


We enjoyed hanging out and a fire on Friday night as everyone arrived from locations throughout the world. Saturday morning, we took Branner on his first hike. The reception was Saturday evening, complete with an awesome fireworks display compliments of Lori! What a great night! We are so blessed to be surrounded with so many wonderful people who we truly love. We are lucky to be able to consider the Gardner's family!


On Sunday, we had a nice little lunch date while Branner spent time with his Aunt Kiki, Uncle J, Devyn and Courtney, we were back at Chris and Shawn's for more food and more fun. Branner, Devyn and Courtney and I ended up going back to our cabin early so that Branner could go to bed and the girls could splash around in the hot tub while I watched fireworks from two other cities on the deck.


After we finally got everything packed up, we began the trek back to Charlotte on Monday morning. All I can say is that long car rides with an almost six month old can be exhausting. I've been so tired all day. I did make another significant dent in my reading list this weekend, but I need to work on crossing a few more things off my summer to-do list this week. I think the making homemade ice cream and starting to plan my girlfriend luncheon sound like good tasks to tackle. Hope everyone had a great July 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!