Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Baked Spaghetti

When I got married, my mom's friends, the Keeno Girls, started an amazing tradition. They started making all of the Keeno brides monogrammed recipe binders filled with personalized recipe cards of their favorite and most special recipes. It is one of my most cherished possessions, and also a go-to for yummy, staple recipes at our house. So, when I signed up to take a sweet friend dinner since she just had a precious little boy, I knew I'd be using a Keeno recipe. This is one of my favorites!!!

Baked Spaghetti

12 oz cooked spaghetti
1/2 c butter
2 c sour cream
1 c grated parmesan cheese
3 eggs—well beaten
1 1/2 lbs ground beef (I use turkey)
1 c chopped onion
1 c chopped green pepper
8 oz mozzarella cheese
2 15 oz cans of tomato sauce
2 6 oz cans of tomato paste
2 T sugar
1/3 c water
Minced garlic, basil, parsley, and oregano to taste.

To make sauce: Cook beef, onion, and pepper. Drain well. Stir in tomato paste and sauce, sugar, and water along with seasonings. Heat well.

Stir butter, parmesan cheese, and eggs into chopped cooked spaghetti. Knive to chop. Form into a crust and cover the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Spread sour cream on top of spaghetti crust. Top with sauce. Cover with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Can be frozen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!