Friday, November 12, 2010

Girl's Weekend Recap




My first weekend away from Branner was a success! We left around 1:45 on Friday afternoon--surprisingly without any real tears from me. I fed Branner his lunch and put him down for his nap (I did get a little choked up at that point, but tried to hold it together), then packed my car and waited on Ashley and Colleen and for the fun to officially begin.

We made a short pit stop to meet Stacey, who was coming from Winston where she had dropped her kiddos off, and headed up the mountain. A quick wardrobe change into stretchy pants and comfortable, warm tops was made by all before the "festivities" began. (Did I mention the snow?? There were several inches on the ground!) We gorged ourselves with junk food and a delicious meal from the Carriage House and broke out the adult beverages. We watched Sex and the City and went to bed early. It was the perfect night.

I tried to sleep in on Saturday. I really, really did. However, the best I could do was 8:00, and I'm not going to lie, I am able to do that at home if Barry gets up with Branner in the morning. We ate breakfast and had some caffeine--be it coffee, Coke, or Diet Coke. And, then we lounged. And lounged. And lounged some more. It was delightful NOT to be on a schedule for the first time in 9 1/2 months. It was wonderful to be able to sit and do nothing. We watched Sex and the City 2 and Drop Dead Gorgeous. I took a nap. We ate pizza and had good wine and watched more movies and went to bed early.

Sleeping in on Sunday was just not in the cards due to the time change and falling back an hour, so we ate breakfast, cleaned, got ready and headed down the mountain for lunch and a little shopping. I was anxious to get back to my boys. I missed them, but I am very thankful to have had a little time off to relax and recharge. And, I certainly did both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!