Saturday, November 20, 2010

Giving Thanks

Everyone reading this knows how much I love to make lists. After a rough week (teething baby, sick husband, feeling kind of yucky myself and a day or two where I just had a "blah" attitude--which I hate), I think a list of a few things I am truly thankful for is exactly what will pull me out of this funk. Thinking about all the positive, wonderful things in my life is just the dose of medicine I need to start off Thanksgiving week with a good attitude and grateful heart. Here goes...



I am so incredibly thankful for:


1. My own little family. Last year at this time, when Branner wasn't on the "outside," we were eagerly and nervously awaiting his arrival. He has brought so much joy and happiness into my life, there is no way to even begin to explain how truly thankful and amazed I am that God gave me such a wonderful gift. I thank Him everyday for allowing me to be Branner's mommy, even though there were times in my life that I wasn't even sure if I wanted to have kids.


2. My sweet, funny, loving husband who is patient with me even when I give him reasons not to be and whom I dearly love.


3. My family and Barry's family. We are so blessed to be surrounded by the best great-grandmother, grandparents, great aunts and uncles (many of whom we choose to call family, but are not technically related to us), uncles, aunts and cousins. Ya'll are the best!


4. Having a roof over my head and food on the table. These days, those two things alone should not be taken for granted. I try to remind myself of this often, especially when I get upset over something silly or trivial.


5. Being able to stay at home right now with sweet Branner and playing such a large part in his growth and development. Everyday is not a cakewalk, and at times I do get frustrated, but this is the most important job I have ever had.


6. My babysitter, Brittany. She is a lifesaver and helps me keep my sanity in tact! It's amazing what a couple of hours to yourself a week can do to rejuvinate you!


7. My blogs. It is so nice to have somewhere to let my creative juices flow and having an "online baby book" is a major bonus!


8. Being able to wake up each day and start over with a clean slate.


9. Bravo reality TV. I love it, it makes me happy and entertains me. Enough said!


10. My wonderful friends. I don't know what I would do without any of them! I love ya'll!


11. Bogle Zinfandel and Phantom. Sometimes mommies just need a good glass of wine (pairs perfectly with Bravo reality TV)!


12. My volunteer work with the Junior League. It makes me feel so good to do things that help others, and I love still being able to do some marketing/advertising work since I am not employed.


13. Date nights. It's nice to get out of the house, dress in something cute, wear heels and do something out of the ordinary. We have really been trying to do extra-fun and different things now that we have a newfound appreciation for our dates.


Happy Thanksgiving--Early!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!