Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving (and a Mini-Christmas)!

Happy Thanksgiving from the Kirbys! We packed all of Branner's necessities and hit the trail towards Gigi's house this morning. We had a quick snack and visit there before the actual Thanksgiving festivities began at Mimi's house. Little did we know that Big Papa had a surprise in store for Branner--a rocking horse! My dad was so excited about the toy, which my mom had bought as part of Branner's Christmas present, that he insisted Branner get it today. Oh, but that was not all-- a Mickey Mouse from Big Papa's trip to Orlando last month, two sets of Christmas pj's, a sweater and a special ornament later, Branner had a mini-Christmas. He is ROTTEN! All I can say is I'm glad we are celebrating Christmas day here so that I'm not responsible for carting all of his gifts around.
After snapping a couple of family pics (I think the one of him with my parents is hilarious!), we headed over to Mimi's house early to feed Branner lunch and put him down for what should have been an afternoon nap (didn't happen today, he had "quiet time" instead) before enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving feast. Mimi really outdoes herself every year, and we stuffed ourselves to the gills. I didn't even have room for dessert, which made me sad! Branner played and entertained the crowd and we left for Charlotte late afternoon. It was a great day spent with great family! We love you all so much!

We are so thankful for our sweet, funny, amazing son! He is truly the biggest blessing in our lives! We are grateful for our wonderful families and that Branner is surrounded by so much love. We hope everyone else had a fabulous Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!