Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Raspy McCougherson

Poor B. Bless his little heart. He woke up from his afternoon nap yesterday with an ugly sounding cough. Of course, at first I freaked out and was thisclose to driving him straight to the pediatric urgent care down the road (it sounded that bad to me), but Barry convinced me to call our doctor's office first. So, after speaking with the lovely nurse, we are medicating with honey, a humidifier and ibuprofen. He doesn't have a fever--yet, but I am keeping an eye on him.

When he woke up this morning, his little voice was so raspy and deep. It's pitiful and cute at the same time. We are sticking close to home this week to be safe. I don't want to be that mom that infects a whole slew of other Childwatch kids even though he doesn't have a fever. That's probably how we got into this mess in the first place.

As of now, it's 3 am, and I've been up since 2 listening out for nighttime coughs (there have been a few). I hate it when my baby is sick! It breaks my heart! Here's to hoping he feels better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!