Sunday, June 12, 2011

Movin' On Up (Eventually)

Lately, we have been doing a lot of pre-emptive planning in the Kirby house. Barry and I have known since before Branner was born that we need a larger home. We even contemplated having our house appraised and pulling the trigger last spring on selling/moving. But, we had a newborn, things were so new and crazy and we decided our house was livable for a little while longer.

Fast forward a year, and we were itching to have a plan to (literally) move on to bigger and better things. So, about a month ago, we consulted with our realtor. She and Barry went to check out a comparable house in our neighborhood. She came over to assess our house and tell us what work we need to do to get it market ready. Luckily, the list of to-dos is very small and can easily and affordably be accomplished by our handyman. We have decided on our list price and date. So, it looks like our house will be on the market come February 2012!

Being the control freak and planner that I am, this put my mind at ease a little bit. I now have a loose timeline for a move. That's all fine and good, but what we didn't-until-this-week have was any clue where we wanted to move. This decision was to be based solely on schools. I decided to find a school that I love, and that we would move around that. So, I started doing my research. I actually ended up finding two wonderful elementary schools and have focused my search around them. The best part about this whole deal is that Barry and I have found that we have several amazing neighborhoods to choose from in our price range! We drove around a few today, and I could visualize us in each of them. Now, we'll just have to wait it out and see what happens in February. EEEEEEKKKK, fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!