Thursday, June 16, 2011

No-Nap Kirby

Every few weeks, we have a visitor come calling at our house. Unfortunately, this visitor is NOT welcome here. His name is No-Nap Kirby. He sneaks up on me; usually on the worst possible days. He takes my sweet, good sleeping boy and turns him into a crazy person. How does he always know when I have a million things to do or when I am the most tired and might like a nap myself? Why can't he just leave me alone?!

You have probably already guessed this, but he's dropped by two days in a row now. This mommy can get no peace. I can't relax even though I enforce "quiet hours" like a prison warden. It stresses me out, which is not good for anyone because Mommy needs her downtime. No-Nap Kirby is loud and wild and throws things and kicks his crib. He makes me want to act the same way!

What I don't understand is how he makes his calendar. There is no rhyme or reason to the days he picks to stop by. Our daily and weekly routines are pretty set in stone. We do certain things at certain times on certain days. These activities are designed for the release of B's energy. So, why, some days does he not want to nap? I know he needs to. I need him to! I have no other way to get things done around here! One of life's mysteries, I guess. I know I shouldn't complain, because some kids don't nap at all, but I enjoy the fact that mine does and (usually) seems to enjoy it. Does this happen to anyone else? How do you deal with it? My remedy today is Open Gym at Gymboree. I also know someone who will be enjoying a huge glass (or two) of wine tonight: this girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!