Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sunshine and Summertime

Ahhh, my favorite time of year is upon us. To celebrate what is, in my opinion, the best season, Branner and I will be packing our bags and heading to Holden on the first official day of summer! How fitting! So, other than our extended June stay at the beach, here are a few other things on our list to accomplish this summer:

  • Make homemade ice cream.
  • Train for a 5K.
  • Lose the 7.5 pounds keeping me from my goal weight.
  • Read. A lot.
  • Make trips to the pool. We've already been every day this week, so we've got a head start on that!
  • Shop at the Farmer's Market as much as possible.
  • Eat more fruits and veggies! Find a way to get Branner to do this as well.
  • Spend a few weekends at Beech and the beach with friends.
  • Enjoy Music on the Green with B.
  • Go to an outdoor movie.
  • Pack a scrumptious gourmet picnic and go to POPS in the Park. Drink wine there with friends.
  • Make a trip to Discovery Place.
  • Go to storytime on occasion.
  • Take B to the NC Zoo.
  • Go strawberry picking and make homemade strawberry shortcake.
  • Make a homemade blueberry pie. Kendra, I'm going to need Lee's recipe!
  • Take boat rides and spend time at the lake.
  • Have lots of cookouts with friends. We'll need help eating all the fabulous desserts I plan to make!
  • Make an awesome summer soundtrack for my iphone.
  • Set up a party for my girlfriends at Painting With A Twist.
That should about do it for now. I'll keep you all posted on my progress. Any big plans for summer? Leave a comment, would love to hear what fun things are on your to-do lists!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!