Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Mish-Mash

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was fantabulous if I do say so myself. Barry and I had a date night on Friday, Saturday was a low-key day with Branner, and yesterday I spent the whole day being pampered with two of my longtime girlfriends at Ballantyne Resort's Spa. A.MAZ.ING. Perfect timing that our hubbies surprised us since we are moving (again) this week. 

Just a few things I wanted to share with you today:

1. Recipe





Source: food.com via Ashley on Pinterest

{source}

This sounds so super easy, which is exactly what I need this week. During the summer, we keep it simple when it comes to meals. Mainly grilled/baked meat and tons of fresh fruits and veggies. This recipe is perfect to add into the mix!

Baked Garlic Chicken 

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 T brown sugar
3 t olive oil

Lightly grease a casserole dish. Preheat oven to 500. In a small pan, saute garlic with oil until tender. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Place chicken breasts in dish and cover with garlic/brown sugar mixture. Bake uncovered for 15-30 minutes. I'll follow up and let you know the results!


2. Book

Just finished Jennifer Weiner's Then Came You. It was an easy, fun read. Next up?




{source}


3. Potty Training



{source}

For a few months now, Branner has been showing all of the signs that he is ready to start using the potty. However, in this period of transition, I did not feel it was a good time to start. We'll be settling into serious potty training mode once we move. Moms, any suggestions on books or articles for me to read regarding the subject? I'm thinking this is going to happen starting in two-three weeks (I want him to acclimate to the house some first), so I have time to research.

4. Fitness



{source}

This is my least busy time of year (social media client-wise), so I have been able to step up my game at the gym. Right now, my fitness routine is consisting of two weights classes, two cardio dance classes and one yoga class a week. I have been loving it! I'm trying an Athletic Conditioning class tomorrow night (think Insanity), and I'm really looking forward to that! What's your favorite workout?

Well, I'm off to the Y and our pool with Branner. Happy Monday, y'all!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!