Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fabulous Fourth



I love, love, love long weekends! Even though sleeping in rarely happens in our house, and my job as a mom is 24/7, I still look forward to Barry having an extra day off. OK, I'm not going to lie, he usually lets me sleep in at least one day. And, I adore spending time as a family. There isn't anything I enjoy more than a holiday long weekend, and this past weekend was no exception. We had a blast! Here's how it went:

Friday... As I mentioned before, we love to take a cooler down to our pool and hanging with our new friends there. There was a special event, "80's Pop and Popsicles," and it was SO FUN! B danced his little heart out and devoured a cherry popsicle.

Saturday... We went to the gym and Costco and had date night with the DiPs at Enso. We followed that up with ice cream at Coldstone for Tracy and I, a game of cornhole at Mortimer's for Barry and Vinnie and a drink at Kazba.

Sunday... A visit with the tractors at Home Depot and a trip to Toys & Co for B, followed with us picking up lunch at Salsarita's is how we spent the morning. After nap, we headed to the DiPs for a cookout complete with a waterpark for the kiddies to play in. We ended the night with a drink with Jen and Trey.

Monday... Pool day! SS&R had an awesome 4th of July celebration complete with a DJ, foam party, bounce house (B LOVES bounce houses!), games and a delicious BBQ lunch. We capped the weekend off with our own cookout with friends and watching neighborhood fireworks.

Festive red, white and blue outfits were worn by all of us! We are already looking forward to Labor Day!


(Editor's Note: Pics to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!