Monday, May 24, 2010

Beach Baby, Beach Baby, There on the Sand

Date night on the island

Playing on the porch

Wearing our shades

First time on the beach, and he slept
We just got back (late) last night from our first trip to "our" beach house. We had a great time celebrating my birthday with my family Thursday-Sunday! This trip, we were able to squeeze in all of the things it was too chilly or windy for last trip as well as the things we didn't have time to get to. We did a little bit of everything.
When Barry, Branner, Bailey and I got there early Thursday afternoon, we went out on the beach. We walked a little, let Bailey play in the waves (he truly is a beach dog) and collected shells to commemorate Branner's first time seeing the ocean. The temperature was perfect, the sun was shining and there was a wonderful breeze. It was a perfect first experience...if only he had been awake!My mom arrived around dinner time on Thursday, just in time to enjoy a glass of wine and go to the Provision Company for some yummy seafood. We made a quick run to the grocery store for some necessities and turned in early.
Branner, Gigi and I went on a looong walk Friday morning. Barry took out the wave runner for a little while, and I'm sure, had a blast. We laid out on the back deck in the afternoon, Branner under the covered part of the deck--of course. I set him up a little station on top of several beach towels with his playmat and several toys. He had a great time rolling around! Barry and I took out the wave runner again so I could (finally) drive it. I can't wait to log a few more hours on it either here at the lake or at the beach! That night, my parents babysat while Barry took me out for an early birthday dinner to Captain Pete's. We had a great time and really enjoyed a night off. When we returned, the rest of our party--Blake, Tyler and Lindsay had all arrived and were ready to have some fun.
We laid out again on Saturday afternoon while everyone else went fishing and just relaxed around the house. That night was my family birthday dinner. It was delish! We had surf and turf, salad, veggies, and of course cake and champagne! Before dinner, we got a surprise visit from Laura and Clark Gibson, who came by to meet Branner.
We finally got to take Branner on his first boat ride on Sunday afternoon, when we rode to the Provision Company again for lunch. We were going to ride down to Ocean Isle, but Mother Nature had other plans, and we had to sit that out due to an afternoon thunderstorm. We packed up and got on the road around 6:30. It's so nice to not have to be in a rush. We never are to leave the beach!
We'll be spending this week tying up all of the loose ends for Branner's Christening on Sunday. I am so excited about it and so happy that our families are going to be there to share in his special day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!