Sunday, May 9, 2010

First Mother's Day


















We had a busy weekend! We drove to Asheboro on Friday afternoon because I had to be at a baby shower for Lisa Derrick on Saturday afternoon. Now that we have Branner, we know that we cannot realistically get ready, get our car packed and get to an event or location on time if we are driving out of town.


Baby Derrick's shower was great! He got lots of goodies. Branner is so excited for his "cousin" and beach buddy to arrive! They are going on their first annual beach trip of many in August. We are looking forward to beach weeks and all of the fun the boys will have together.


Saturday night, we grilled out with Mary Alice, Charlie, Carter, Lisa, Jane (Lisa's mom), Brett, my parents, Leo, Trish, Les and Janet at the Derrick's. We had a wonderful time with the Cedar Creek Sportsmen family. Branner was definitely the hit of the party! He got all kinds of attention and was held by everyone.


Today, my first mother's day was amazing! My dad made breakfast for us, we had a laid-back morning and a late lunch with Mimi, Aunt Vicki and Andrew at Bistro 42. My boys definitely spoiled me! I am so excited for my spa/lunch/wine/shopping day next Saturday!


It was exactly one year ago today that we found out that I was pregnant. I can't believe I now have a four month old! My life is forever changed for the better. I love being Branner's mommy and all that comes with it. I am a lucky, blessed girl! I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!