Thursday, January 20, 2011

Temper Tantrum Thursday

All I can say is, "Whoa!" Today has been interesting to say the least!

It started out normal, Branner woke up at his regular time, had some milk, a cereal bar and we played. We sent Barry off to work and played some more. After looking over the Y fitness class schedule, I decided I wanted to go to yoga at 11:20. I put Branner in his crib for some "quiet time." I got dressed and ready and got B out of his crib. I then proceeded to chase him for 45 minutes trying to change his diaper and get him dressed for the day while he intermittently cried. I thought I was getting my workout at the Y, not at home! Once he was finally ready to go, we went out to the car. He WOULD NOT let me put him in his carseat. He kept screaming and kicking and bucking me. So, after three attempts, I gave up. I put him in his crib, and he immediately fell asleep. For two hours. I've been entertaining him since 1. I need to get ready for date night (Thank God that's tonight, I need a break and a drink). Round 2 of "quiet time" coming up.

He has never been so unhappy/upset/unsettled. I'm blaming it on teething and praying tomorrow's a better day. Fingers crossed!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ashley!! Dont you love how these little ones seem to tell us, "Dont make plans, Mom! I'm gonna show you who's boss!"
    I made lunch plans for noon one day with a friend, and I finally got there at 1pm! Between the crying and the chasing around... our time frame got ALL whacked up. And then the next day it was a breeze to get him all packed up. Who knows what goes on in their little heads? I'm sending you (and Branner) some positive vibes for tomorrow. And yes, blame it on teething! Colton is a different child while he is teething....

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments. FOR REAL!