Saturday, January 15, 2011

1 Year Old!


My, my the difference a year makes! This time last year, I had a brand-spankin'-new baby (that I worked really, REALLY hard to bring into this world--see this post for details) and was recovering from a c-section. I was on top of the world, but not feeling my personal best at the same time. Hands down, the day of Branner's birth was the greatest day of both Barry's and my life so far! This year, I got to celebrate in my skinny jeans and high heels without being swollen and pumped full of fluid, and I felt like a million bucks compared to the day Branner was born!

A year ago, Branner was a tiny creature that was being breast-fed and needed and depended on us (mainly me) for everything. This year, we have a toddler who is walking, talking, playing and feeding himself. It is so amazing how much babies grow and change in the first year. We are having a huge celebration this afternoon for Branner with food, cake, tons of presents and lots of friends.

Here's what Branner is up to these days:

Likes: Walking--he has improved so much in the past two weeks, he is much more steady on his feet and has gone from a few steps here and there to walking across rooms, talking (Mama, Dada, Baba (for Bailey), cat--can you tell he LOVES animals?, playing with his Little People farm (he loves me making all of the farm animal noises and tries to imitate them--the horse's neigh is his favorite right now), playing and "driving" his Cozy Coupe, reading, books, baths, laughing, lunches and play dates with his friends, the ladies at the Y who take care of him in Childwatch, women and girls of all ages (he is such a flirt), pulling toilet paper off the roll, taking things out of cabinets and drawers, chewing on anything and everything in sight, visiting with Gigi, Big Papa, his Mimi and his aunts, uncles and cousins, waving to everyone and wearing big boy shoes!

Dislikes: Not being able to eat cat and dog food, not being able to play in their water, not being able to stick his finger in sockets, not being able to play on my computer and phone.

Foods: Whole milk--no more formula!!, fruits, veggies, turkey dogs, chicken, fish sticks, pasta, cereal bars, pancakes, waffles, the list goes on and on...we're working on getting him back to being a "good eater"!

Clothing size: 12 months and 12-18 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. FOR REAL!