Monday, June 14, 2010

A Big "To-Do"

Enjoying the swing at Sardis!


Daddy loves playing with me!


First time at the Farmer's Market


Homemade Peach and Blackberry Cobbler




What a great weekend! This whole to-do list thing is so fun! I dove in head-first to marking fun things off of my list. So far, what has been accomplished:



*Branner went to the pool 3 times last week. We are going again today.

*Exercise--Branner and I did our greenway loop on Saturday and Sunday, making my grand total of workouts last week 5.

*Reading--I picked up 2 new books from Costco yesterday: The 19th Wife and All We Ever Wanted Was Everything. I am currently engrossed in The 19th Wife. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good summer read. I should also note that I find polygamy morbidly fascinating, hence why I chose this book.

*Farmer's Market--We took Branner to the King's Drive market on Saturday afternoon and loaded up on fresh fruits and veggies. I really love the Farmer's Market!

*Homemade Peach Cobbler--I baked my first cobbler last night. It was delish, and I think this is going to become a weekly activity at my house! I plan to experiment with different types.

*Bailey went on a walk on Sunday morning.



I have already made a few additions, which you can see below.




Summer To-Do List--Volume 2


*Nap when Branner naps as much as possible. I feel like summer time is a time to indulge yourself, and what better indulgence is there than a nap?


*Go to the pool and have fun with Branner splashing around in the water and swinging him in the swings.


*Make several trips to Holden/Beech Mountain. I love summertime in both places, such truly different yet perfectly wonderful experiences.

*Find a signature cocktail for the summer to enjoy outside at dusk. Make it often. I'm thinking this will involve champagne. Yummy.

*Exercise often. I'm already doing this, but need to continue. I exercised 6 times last week and 3 this week so far. Yay, me!

*Follow the 5 Factor Diet for 5 weeks as closely as possible.


*Be bikini-ready by time for the annual Cox/Derrick beach trip in August.


*Reward myself for getting bikini-ready with a fabulous new bikini and a(nother) pair of designer sunglasses.

*Try new, healthy recipes and update my Fab Eats blog regularly with them.


*Read more. This is one hobby I have had to slow down on lately, but I am definitely eager to get back to!!!


*Go to POPs. Bring wine and yummy treats to enjoy. Listen to the symphony.

*Have a luncheon just because for my friends and do all of the cooking myself.


*Go to the Farmer's Market often.

*Make a peach cobbler with fresh Farmer's Market peaches.


*Take Bailey on more walks.


*Enroll Branner in a baby swim class.


*Make homemade ice cream.


*Go to a local museum. In my many years here, I have visited very few of the museums. I will change that this summer!

*Find a new hobby to release creative energy.


*Go to AA5. Just once will be enough, but I want to go to make myself feel like a young, hip mommy.


*Find a signature summer nail polish.


*Redecorate the guest room.

*Go to an outdoor showing of a movie.










2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your To-Do List! I really like the "find a signature cocktail for the summer." Last summer my cocktail of choice was a CranApple Vodka... ahhhh....

    Let me know what you choose/like and I'll make one too :o)

    And are you kidding me??!! You ARE bikini ready NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! i totally stole the idea from another blog, but i love it! it is so much fun to come up with things to put on the list and do them.

    i'll let you know about my cocktail recipe...i'm going to work on that later tonight.

    girl, i am not bikini ready! i have a ways to go. but, you are sweet to say that!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments. FOR REAL!