Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My ReKINDLEd Romance with Reading


Ok, I am really hard at work on my summer to-do list! I'm marking more things off by the day! Last week, I enrolled Branner in the Shrimps swim class at the Y I have been talking about. This week, I have found my summer signature nail color (Essie--E-nuff is E-nuff) and am working on trying to figure out what I want to take up as a new hobby. I am thinking about signing up for tennis lessons at the moment. I have been updating my recipe blog more frequently, and I think this weekend would be a great time to make some homemade ice cream!



As you know, one thing on the list is to read more. I've been reading every spare minute I get. So far, I have finished The 19th Wife. I then started on All We Ever Wanted Was Everything. However, Barry had a little surprise planned for me. Yesterday afternoon, an amazon.com box showed up on my doorstep. Inside was something I've been wanting for months--a Kindle! Anyone who loves to read knows what an awesome surprise this was! So, he downloaded me Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea. last night. I finished it tonight. I dove into it while he had the boys over for poker night since there isn't anything good on tv right now. It's hilarious. I plan to read Chelsea Handler's other two books this summer as well. I just downloaded The Help. Is my passion for reading obvious yet?

Here is my summer reading list so far:



All We Ever Wanted Was Everything by Janelle Brown
Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea. by Chelsea Handler
My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler
Chelsea, Chelsea Bang, Bang by Chelsea Handler
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner
Summer Sisters by Judy Blume (my all-time favorite book--I read it every year)
Kings Of The Earth by Jon Clinch
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin (one of my favorite authors)
The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell (SATC remains my all time favorite TV show and movie-enough said)
Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
All Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charlaine Harris (I'm a huge True Blood fan)

2 comments:

  1. Mom has a copy of The Help- she LOVES it!
    I even saw people reading it all around us at the beach. She is going to lend it to me when she is finished. I'm itching to read a good book too! Thanks for all the good book tips :o)

    And thank you also for your thoughts and prayers for the McKees. Such a sad time. But we are all ready for her pain and suffering to be over. It's so hard to watch someone you love die slowly. I will tell Derek you send your regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, so sorry to hear about derek's grandmother. i am thinking of you guys. i know it is hard right now. the only silver lining is that she is no longer in pain.

    the help is AWESOME! i also highly recommend heart of the matter & anything by emily giffin. i'm moving on to the carrie diaries next.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments. FOR REAL!